PURR Is 100% Donor Funded
PURR is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization with Federal Tax ID number 81-5318114. This means that donations to PURR are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out at email@example.com!
Donate Through Facebook
This is the our preferred way to donate online, as Facebook charges no fees.
You can use any credit card, and even set up a monthly donation 😸🙂😸
Donate By Check
Checks can be made out to PURR and mailed to:
1833 S. 11th Street,
Philadelphia, PA 19148
Become a Sustainer
Sustainers help us sustain life.
Would you give up a coffee drink a month to help save a cat’s life? What about a night out?
From $5 to $500, our sustainers donate every month to help our refuge and cats survive.
Can the cats depend on you?
Sustainers are people with big hearts who believe in our mission, but often don't have the time available to contribute. So, they show their support by making a monthly financial commitment to our rescue.
Sustainers are extraordinary people we can depend on. They provide us the stability to know we can feed our cats, perform life-saving procedures, and save cats who otherwise would have no one to help them.
- For just $5 a month, you can cover the cost of a veterinary appointment and life saving medicine for a cat in need!
- For $10 a month, you can cover the cost of feeding our cat sanctuary for a week (we have lots of hungry kitties!)
- For $25 a month, you can cover the cost of the supplies needed to provide shelter for the cats in our sanctuary, giving them a place safe from the elements.
- For $50 a month, you can provide flea prevention medicine for all of the cats at our sanctuary.
- For $100 a month, you can provide a life saving surgery for a cat in need!
Can our cats depend on you?
If you're interested in becoming a sustainer, simply follow the steps below. And if your situation changes, you can cancel at any time following the instructions here.
- Go to our Facebook page using the button below
- Click the big blue Donate button.
- Then, simply enter the amount you'd like to give, choose 'Monthly Donation' option and hit the green Donate button below.
And that's it! You are now an official sustainer and one of the most important people in our organization 😻😻😻
Donate Your Birthday With a Facebook Fundraiser
Celebrate your special day by helping out cats in need with a Facebook Fundraiser. Not sure how to do so? We'll walk you through it 🎂 😸🙂 🎁
- Click the button below.
- It will take you to Facebook, and will open a pop up asking you to search for a nonprofit. We are listed as "Philadelphia Urgent Rescue & Relief, Inc - PURR".
- Select the amount you'd like to try to raise, and a deadline for when the fundraiser will end. Hit the blue Next button
- If you'd like, you can enter a custom title and description. Or you can go with the default text they provide. Hit the blue Next button again.
- Choose a photo for the event, then hit the blue Create button.
Congrats!!! You're done, and now people will see your fundraiser and can begin donating.
Purchase PURR merch from our online store!
We're thrilled to announce the opening of our online store! Support PURR with a fashionable t-shirt, or become the talk of the water cooler with a fancy mug. There are lots of styles and colors available for you to choose from.
The profits of the sales go directly to helping us in our efforts to help the kitties of Philly who need it the most.
Donate While You Shop With Amazon Smile
Did you know you can automatically donate to a charity while you shop on Amazon, without having to spend any extra money!?!
Amazon has a special version of its site called Amazon Smile, where it donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible purchases to the charitable organization of your choice. It sounds small, but it adds up!
Here's how to do it:
- First, follow this link to set PURR as your charity of choice. You'll need to sign into your Amazon account if you aren't already.
- Then, simply click the Select button, and you're good to go.
It's worth noting that the charity donations only happen if you're at www.smile.amazon.com, not just www.amazon.com. To make sure that you always use the Smile version of the site, we recommend installing one of these browser plugins that will automatically do it for you:
- Chrome: Always Smile
- Firefox: Amazon SMILE!
- Safari: Share and Smile
- Internet Explorer: Unfortunately there's no extension for this browser at this time.
Not sure what browser you're using? Simply go here and it will tell you 😸🙂